Freud 99-510 2+2 Raised Panel Bit Review

Freud 99-510 2+2 Raised Panel Bit
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
I bought this bit as part of Freuds cabinet making set. I hooked it up to a table that I have Bosch's 3 1/4hp plunge router mounted to. I forgot about the necessity of setting the speed slower to accommodate larger bits and sent the 3/4" piece of oak sailing through at the full setting. Out came a silky smooth panel. It didn't chip, sputter, kick, wobble, or even slow down the router. I wonder what it would be like if it wasn't a brand new bit with a fresh edge on it. Anyhow, I use the bit now at a slower speed setting, and make multiple passes.
Freuds cabinet making set is so well made, that their is little motivation to pick up a shaper. Shapers are known for 10,000 RPMs, thereby creating panels in a single pass that are smooth.
I have never bought a bad Freud bit. Them and Whiteside are my pride and joys. I also recommend picking up an inexpensive carbide tipped set on eBay that are imported. You can get a large selection of profiles and types for the cost of a couple of bits. When making painted moldings for example, you don't need the ultimate in sheen on the wood surface. Although with the dollar conversion and the daily monetary needs overseas, it is amazing how much quality can be produced for such a little bit of money.
Freud and Whiteside are the best, although their are several manufacturers, such as CMT and Viper that are quality bits as well. This Freud cabinet making bit is worthy of your best projects. Buy it you won't be sorry.

Click Here to see more reviews about: Freud 99-510 2+2 Raised Panel Bit

Product Description:
Application: Ideal for creating raised panels for doors and paneling, as well as decorative tops, plaques and molding.

Available in two carbide heights:
Use 1/2" height for 5/8" stock. Use 5/8" height for 3/4" stock.
Cuts all composition materials, plywoods, hardwoods, and softwoods. Use on table-mounted portable routers.

Freud's Quadra-Cut Router Bits Feature an Exclusive 4 Cutter Design!
For the cleanest finish for routing the edges of hard or soft wood, woodworkers can look to Freud's new Quadra-Cut router bits. These unique, patented bits employ four cutting edges, versus the industry standard of two, for a flawless finish on the most delicate of materials.

Two of the carbide cutters have an upshear angle to remove most of the stock. Then the pair of downshear cutters make a final cut to produce an ultra clean edge.

Industry standard bits that only have two cutters can leave fuzz and splinters on the top surface, especially in cross grain cuts, but Freud's new Quadra-Cut bits leave a surface that requires no sanding or rework.


Buy Now

Want to buy Freud 99-510 2+2 Raised Panel Bit at other amazon sites? Click the corresponding icon below:



buy it at amazon.combuy it at amazon.co.ukbuy it at amazon.cabuy it at amazon.debuy it at amazon.fr

0 comments:

Post a Comment